A routine part of our newborn examination is an assessment of infant feeding. Our lactation specialist, Adelina Torres, has worked with our nursing mothers for over ten years. She is skilled at helping mothers find the optimal nursing technique for their baby. We encourage new mothers to call us as soon as you are home with your baby.Additionally, if nursing problems develop, we can generally help you find a solution, generally on the same day. Some of the common problems we can help:
- Sore, cracked, painful nipples (or if nursing only with breast shield)
- Baby appears to be nursing OK, but is fussy
- Baby spitting up when burped
- Colicky, or hungry all the time
- Breast milk appears to be drying up in the first few weeks
Please call our office for advice or a visit to our clinic.